One thing sticks in the mind of all those who play Bingley St. Ives; the superb course.
The genius of MacKenzie and the beauty of nature have combined to produce a golf course which ranks alongside any other in the region. However we appreciate that the perfect golf day is about much more than the fairways, greens, drives and putts – even the woods and the heather.
Bingley St. Ives Golf Club has long enjoyed a reputation for its hospitality and in the years since our members took control a great deal of thought and effort has gone into providing off-course facilities to match the quality of the holes.
In 1994 our purpose built Clubhouse was opened by Mark James, the former Ryder Cup player who is now an Honorary Life Member of the club. The new building provides all the facilities a discerning golfer requires including spacious locker rooms, excellent shower facilities, a large sumptuously furnished lounge and dining area serving excellent food, a 19th hole and spikes bar with full size snooker table and a beautiful balcony overlooking the 18th green so you can admire your fellow players and dissect the game just gone.
Our 19th hole is packed with images and memorabilia donated to Bingley St. Ives by Billy Foster, current caddie to Matt Fitzpatrick and former caddie to Lee Westwood, Seve Ballesteros, Darren Clarke and Sergio Garcia amongst others. These items offer many wishes of support and encouragement to Bingley St. Ives from greats such as Tiger Woods, VJ Singh and Phil Mickelson amongst others, and visitors can easily pass the time admiring the collection.
“No visit to Bingley would be complete without a visit to Billy’s 19th – named after caddie legend and local hero Billy Foster who calls this club home.
This bar is crammed full of memorabilia gathered by Billy over the years during his time with some of the game’s greats.
It features the bib Billy wore when caddying for Tiger Woods at the 2005 Presidents Cup, a personal message to Bingley from the great Seve Ballesteros and also Tour bags donated by Ryder Cup stars Lee Westwood and Darren Clarke.”DAVE TINDALL & JOE DRABBLE
Each year the Club raises money for nominated charities. Over the years many good causes have been supported by the Club such as:
Bosom Friends Breast Cancer
One in a Million
Cancer UK, Hale Charity
Downs Syndrome – Pamela Sunter Centre
The last two years has seen the Club raise over £14,000 for the nominated charities.
Details of all fundraising events throughout the year will be publicised and are well supported including the Lady Captain’s 72 hole golf challenge in June.
This year the Club is raising funds for:
Manorlands Sue Ryder Hospice
My Name’5 Doddie Foundation – Motor Neurone Disease.
Golfing Since 1931
Bingley St. Ives Golf Club was formed in 1931, initially featuring a 9-hole course. The layout was expanded to 18 holes in 1934, laid out in an unusual single loop formation. From the clubhouse, the course leads players through parkland, woodland and moorland before returning again to the clubhouse.
Dr. Alister MacKenzie, acknowledged to be one of the great golf course designers and known as ‘The Creator’, was involved in its early development and his design influence is still prominent, particularly in the tiered greens.
Mackenzie’s notable sensitivity for designing courses which consider the nature of the original site are famous for producing holes that offer an ideal balance of risk and reward. He is also noted for creating golf courses that challenge yet also accommodate players with a range of skills.
Over the more recent decades our course has been further developed with valuable input from several leading players including Sir Nick Faldo, Seve Ballesteros and Jose Maria Canizares. [read more]
DR. ALISTER MACKENSIE
During the 1980s Bingley St. Ives Golf Course hosted the European Tour’s Lawrence Batley International competition on three occasions which saw the course graced by many of Europe’s leading players and a number of greats including Arnold Palmer and Lee Trevino. During the events held at St. Ives Sandy Lyle claimed the title twice with Sir Nick Faldo taking the honours once. [read more]
In 1990 the club was privatised with the members forming a Limited Company and agreeing a long term lease with Bradford Metropolitan Council for the use of the land. As the club was privatised plans were developed to build a new clubhouse which was completed in 1994 and reflects the aesthetics of the historic buildings of the estate located near by.
Bingley St. Ives Golf Course continues to be a true golfing test set in the beautiful Yorkshire countryside.
Prospective Members, please see here: MEMBERSHIP